August 19, 2008

What's My Age Again?

As I was driving down the road yesterday, jamming out to "What's My Age Again?" from Blink-182 (yes, was listening to the 90's station on Sirius lol), I started thinking about my age.

In less than two weeks, I'll be 26. It's no big deal really, just finally approaching my late-20's. Do I feel any different now than I did when I was 18 or 21? Honestly, I can't for the life of me remember what I did feel like. I know I was less tired and a little thinner, since those were the years sans two year old.

What's kind of funny now though is that people have been telling me I look young. When I was growing up, I was always told how I looked so much older than my age, yadda yadda. The last few weeks, people have been telling me I look young and seem somewhat surprised when I tell them my age. Now it may have to do with my profession where most people have this image of what a therapist should look like and I don't really fit that image.

Oh well, I love where my age has put me thus far. It is just a number after all.

1 comment:

  1. I recently turned 36 and was actually carded buying wine.

    I know the lady was like 400 and was lucky she could tell I was human but it was still nice because it hasn't happened in a LONG time.

    You have to embrace it and seriously I mentally don't feel older than about 20. Physically, well....that's another story.

    ReplyDelete