January 17, 2009

The Perfect Breakfast On A Cold Day

In Georgia, we're not used to waking up to a frigid 20 degrees in the morning. I was trying to think of something for breakfast that would be filling and warm, so I decided on a favorite of mine and DD's, milch rice. Milch rice is sort of like oatmeal or rice pudding, except it's eaten warm. I've been lucky to use a mix for it and I've been trying to find an old family recipe for it. The mix I use can be found at The German Deli. When using this mix, all you need is 2 cups of milk. You bring it to a boil, stir in the mix, stir for about 1 minute. Then turn off your burner and let it sit for 10 minutes. After that you're done and you have a warm and filling breakfast waiting for you. I hope you guys will try to make this sometime for breakfast for your family.

No comments:

Post a Comment